Tuesday, December 4, 2012

I'm so Bored that I walked to Qdoba

For anyone who doesn't know, I've been walking without my crutches for nearly 4 weeks now.
But no, I have not been climbing Everest...yet
Well, on Saturday, Show-off decided that I didn't need my scooter anymore. 
That's right, Herbie. Apparently, you're obsolete.
So, I gave Show-off the key to Herbie and decided to try going the rest of the semester without my beloved scooter.
Yo, I totally gots this
Except that I don't totally gots this ... As is evidenced by my trip to Qdoba, campus is way too big. 

So, to preface this, I should say that I wasn't trying to go to Qdoba. I was trying to go to a University Catholic party that started at 5:30. 

I left High Land at 4, hoping that an hour and a half would be sufficient time to walk that far. 

40 minutes later, I had made it down the street, but I wasn't even on main campus yet. 
And this is about how I felt.
I stopped and got some vitamin water, then continued on my way. Around 6 p.m., I was about two blocks away from my destination, when I fell on the sidewalk, where I sat for about 30 minutes. 

While I complained to Show-off and my foot fell asleep, so when I got up, I fell over again. 
I'm pretty sure my foot fell asleep on purpose.
I realized it was too late to go to the party, so I changed course and walked to Qdoba, where I scarfed down tacos for 15 minutes before hitting the road again. 
Seriously, y'all? I only had 3 tacos.
I walked back to campus and made my way to the chapel for 9 p.m. Mass, then I collapsed. 

But not literally. I actually just sat down. 

And I got a friend to get the spare key for Herbie out of my room and bring me my scooter after Mass.

So, yeah, I'm really slow at walking, so I've given up on trying to make it to class without Herbie.

But this isn't really a confession, because Show-off doesn't read my blog. 
Because he's a unicorn.
Bored Game Time!

Answer: 
hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia, because the people who make up words are cruel. If you knew this, you're probably one of those cruel people, so go back one space.

Question:

What paper am I supposed to be writing right now instead of blogging?




No comments:

Post a Comment