Monday, June 4, 2012

I'm so Bored that I went swimming

A few days ago, my two younger brothers and I went swimming at the YMCA near our house (or, actually, the one second-closest to our house).

And we had ADVENTURES!

1. My crutch broke.

I don't really know how to illustrate this, but the handle fell off one of my crutches, stranding me in the locker room while I tried to fix it, which leads to:

2. CHILDREN!!

Normally, I adore children.

The children in the locker room at the Y, though, asked me if they could climb on the lockers "to take a picture."


You want to bully yourself? Sure, go right ahead...
They also told me that I looked like a boy because I had short hair. 

So, does she look like a boy, too?
Anyway, when they asked why I had crutches, I told them that I had cancer when I was their age. Then they shut up, and one of them said I had a pretty swimsuit.

Honestly, I thought that 10-12 year-olds would have grown out of sticking their feet in their mouths.
3. Lifeguards need to go through leadership training

I watched as a lifeguard yelled at a group of children repeatedly, "Get off the bulkhead!" Oblivious to the fact that they probably don't know what that word means, she then lost her cool completely and threatened to kick them out of the pool. Of course, the next time they got on the bulkhead, she just yelled again and didn't kick them out of the pool. 

Someone needs to go to leadership training, and maybe some anger management classes...

Also, she got upset at us for playing chicken. 

"Ok, since my partner is an intertube..."
4. We tried to walk to Little Ceasar's.

Yup, we decided to walk to go get pizza. Unfortunately, someone ratted us out to my older sister, so she caught up to us in the car while we were walking.

And made us go home, where there was no pizza :/
Well, speaking of pizza, I'm Hungry, so hasta luego, Boredom!




No comments:

Post a Comment