Wednesday, June 6, 2012

I'm so Bored that I became a giddy fangirl

Apparently, the strike-through feature doesn't work in the post title.

It should read: I'm so Bored Excited that I became a giddy fangirl.

Yes, I changed my name (for this post only). This may be cheating somewhat, but I couldn't withhold my excitement any longer.

Remember the Italian Festival I was telling you about? The one with all the funny drunk people?

After I wrote that last post, I went back to work at Italian Fest.

I thought I was going to just sell tickets until 9 p.m., and then go watch the Eli Young Band perform on the main stage at 9:30.

You'd never guess how long it takes to count 160 of these...
Anyway, my dad broke into the ticket booth at about 8 o'clock, got someone to take my place, and then dragged me away with him.

My dad is literally known around the festival as the Parking Lot Nazi. He wouldn't let my youngest brother take a dinner break. So, when he pulled me out of the ticket booth and over to a golf cart full of the rest of my family, I assumed (quite naturally) that someone was dead.

or had gotten x's sewn over their eyes...I've never really understood that symbol
My dad, however, had apparently used the fact that he knows everybody (He yells at seemingly random people across Walmarts, so I mean literally everybody) to get me backstage to meet the Eli Young Band. 

They signed my shirt!
Needless to say, they were amazing. In fact, I have yet to meet a country star who wasn't a genuinely nice person. (Rodney Atkins, if you ever find my blog by some miracle, I'm sorry I lost your email address and I still have your softball jersey in my closet...and my mom still wishes I would wash it.)

We took some pictures together, which I will not post here, because that would ruin the pretend anonymity of this blog. 

Then, I got to sit in the front row of the concert with my family. 

They threw their guitar pics at us. 

How do I know they threw them at us?

He made EYE CONTACT! It's MINE! - my cousin 
He did, and it was hers. Thus, the two they threw at me were mine :)

Towards the end of the concert, Mike Eli (the lead singer, for any of you who may be oblivious to the world of country music) dedicated Crazy Girl to me.

Which was amazing and yet ironic, since I had been chanting for "Throw And Go"

That song pretty much describes my life.

Anyway, now that I'm through gushing, I ought to mention that I just watched Two Weeks Notice, so I'm hearing everything I write in the voice of Hugh Grant, and now ... you do, too.

"Why yes, I do play the same role in every movie. But I'm it's a rather nice role, don't you think?" 


No comments:

Post a Comment