Friday, June 8, 2012

I'm so Bored that I defeated a dinosaur

Ok, to be honest, that title was a bald-faced lie. Sorry, but I needed to get your attention.

I've been having trouble focusing on my blog lately, because I've actually been very un-Bored trying to help plan a summer camp.

Yup, I am the Camper Care Coordinator for Camp Kesem, a free summer camp for children whose parents have or have had cancer.

I don't remember which photos I'm allowed to post at the moment, so unfortunately, you'll have to take my word that these kids are ADORABLE and in need of your help. 
See, the deal is that we are community partners with Livestrong, which means that they will give us $10,000 (that's a LOT of zeros!) if we raise another $10,000 on our own.

And we are so close! But we aren't there yet.

So, I really need your help to meet our fundraising goal.

Click here if you want to help kids affected by cancer!

Anyway, if you actually read all the way through this message, I'm really sorry for misusing my blog.

But, if y'all can help me out, then I will never again use my blog as a fundraiser tool (at least for another year).

Also, if I meet my goal (I need another $175 to reach it!) before camp, then I will tell y'all the story of how I kidnapped a hamster...and married it off to a chicken.

AND THERE ARE PICTURES!

As an added bonus, if you post a comment telling me you donated and promise to share the link with your Facebook friends (or at least with one other person), then I will give you a free Livestrong bracelet!
And they're pretty cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment