Wednesday, April 24, 2013

I'm so Bored that I gave writing lessons to the blogosphere: Lesson 1

When somebody asks me, "What do you like to do in your spare time?" I reply, "I like to write."

And when I tell them this, I get one of three responses:

You don't play any sports?!
I was on a bowling team in high school...

Ooh, what do you write?
If you say this to me, I assume you're a writer, too
How? Writing sounds really difficult. 
You think it requires skill and effort to produce my work? You've obviously never read my blog
Well, to anyone whose answer is the third one, I, Bored, shall now teach you how to write in a series of mini lessons on this blog.
 

Lesson 1: Life experience

Before you can write, you have to have something to write about (Yes, I know I used incorrect grammar; it was for emphasis. Get over it). 

If you don't have any life experiences, your writing will be something like this:
 
 You've been warned. 

"But," you scream, "I don't know how to gain life experiences!"

You've come to the right place. Follow the 5 easy steps below, and you will have all the experience you need to become a writer. 

1. Get a boyfriend/girlfriend.
Get extremely serious with them
 2. Break up with your boyfriend/girlfriend. 
Make sure there's lots of fighting involved
 3. Travel around the world
While running from the police
4. Lose your leg/arm in an epic battle/shark attack
 
It's best if you have to saw it off yourself to save your life
5. Develop severe alcoholism. 
And apparently, buy a cat
Congratulations! You've now got enough experience to be a writer. In the next lesson, we'll talk about types of written works.

Bored Game Time!

Answer: Tibidabo. Move forward 6 spaces if you knew that.

Question: Who is pictured above with his cat? 

2 comments:

  1. I don't know who is that man... Great post! Afortunatelly, today it wasn't class.

    Good weekend!

    P.D: I really into your blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And yeah, I was already halfway to the UIB on the bus when I found out class was canceled :P

      Hope you have a good weekend, too!

      Delete