Wednesday, March 13, 2013

I'm so Bored that I walked in the rain (but did not sing or dance)

In case anybody forgot, I'm currently living on an island in the Mediterranean.
Yup, be jealous
Usually, this means the weather is fairly warm, and lately, it's meant that I've left for class in the mornings without taking a jacket.
And my host mom makes fun of me for dressing like it was summer.
So today, I got up, waited forever for the bus, and went to class.
I still haven't quite figured out the bus route, and I'm often left standing in the median watching the bus pull up across the street...
I should have known something was wrong when I got off the bus at school and it was already drizzling, but I thought it would stop by the time class got out.

It didn't.

I walked all the way across campus in a hailstorm, and then had to stand at the bus stop for what felt like forever, holding my umbrella sideways as a shield against the hail and wind.
Sorry, couldn't resist.
By the time the bus got there, I was soaking wet, so the only things I could think were "I wonder if there's water in my foot?" and "What's the Spanish word for 'wet'?"
The word is húmedo, btw
The walk home from the bus stop just made me really miss American sidewalks, because I swear the sidewalks here are less even and more slippery.

I finally made it home, though, where I got to take a long hot shower and watch the first papal address of Pope Francis I (or as we would say here, Papa Francisco I), so all in all, not a bad day.

Bored Game Time!

Answer: molinos. Move forward 1 space.

Question: What was Papa Francisco I's name before he became pope?

No comments:

Post a Comment