Saturday, March 2, 2013

I'm so Bored that I missed America

Today, I woke up with a mild cold. It's not bad enough (yet) to make me completely miserable, but it did make me realize that there's a lot of things I miss about the good ol' U.S. of A.

1. Pepsi products

 
I don't know why, but I haven't seen a single Pepsi product since I arrived in Spain. Coke is everywhere, but I really haven't seen any soft drinks at all except for Coke, Sprite, and orange soda. 

2. Junk food

I know  this sounds silly, but when I have a cold, I don't want fresh salad and wine. I want popsicles and crackers and Campbell's soup. Maybe it's because I've come to rely too much on the munchie marts at my school as a main source of food when I'm sick, but all my favorite comfort foods come pre-packaged, either in cans or in bags from the freezer section.

So what if the food we eat in the states isn't actually real food? It still tastes good. 

3. English

Even though the above statement is not true.
I love Spanish; don't get me wrong. When I'm tired and groggy and stuffed up, though, the last thing I want to have to do is try to explain how I'm feeling in a foreign language. Luckily, I have enough drugs legal medications with me to last a lifetime, so I probably won't need to explain my symptoms to anybody at a pharmacy. 
Buying an ankle brace was difficult enough
4. Netflix, Hulu, and Pandora

Yeah, anytime except when you're in Spain
My favorite pastime when I'm sick is watching TV (not movies - I don't really have a long enough attention span for that), but I discovered soon after getting here that Netflix and Hulu don't stream outside of the U.S. 

Pandora doesn't work either, which has left me alone with Spotify.

The reason they gave was something about being afraid of pirates.

I didn't read the whole thing, but I'm offended by the implication that all one-legged people are pirates
5. My husband

It's times like these I'm glad I did a blog post about Cinderella
I know, I know, I don't have a husband. But my theoretical future husband probably currently resides somewhere in the United States. 
And if he were here, he would presumably bring me junk food and Pepsi products, convince Hulu to stream in Spain, and speak English to me, so I'm adding him to the list.

Bored Game Time!

Answer: Add a laugh track. I am intelligent enough to know when to laugh on my own, thank you. Move forward 2 spaces if you agree.

Question: Does anybody actually play this game?


No comments:

Post a Comment