Tuesday, January 8, 2013

I'm so Bored that I learned about life

In the past few months, I have learned a few things about my life as an amputee. Here are some of the things I've learned, in no particular order (como siempre):

1. If you don't want high-fives from strangers, wear long pants

Dear JcPenny's employee, how old are you? 3?
2. Long pants won't protect you from everybody, though, so you might as well wear what you want

"I noticed you walking across the street the other day. You have a prosthetic leg."
3. Walking at the YMCA is not necessarily safer or less creepy than walking around the block
And this picture is not related to this lesson
4. Some people will try to recruit you to their prosthetist like it was a religious denomination. 
"He's an amputee, too, and you would love him." "But, I don't know you...and I don't even live here..."
5. Leggings have a front and a back
And if you cut off the wrong leg, you will feel stupid
6. Sometimes, your family might go way too far overboard trying to find solutions.

"So, I was thinking that I could cut off the bottom of your pant leg and  attach it back with velcro so that you can wear your fuzzy pajama pants with or without your leg." "Ok, I was just going to tie the pant leg..."
7. Don't search "amputee" on Tumblr
Just trust me. It's a weird world.
8. Just because you only wear one sock doesn't mean that they won't disappear
Seriously, where do they all go?
9. Sometimes, kids say the darnedest things
"I wish we could be friends, but you only have one leg."
10. And sometimes it's not an amputee thing. It's just a "Bored" thing. 
I tripped over my phantom foot...
Bored Game Time

 Answer: I believe the answer was 8, but if you knew this, you are a total creeper. Go back to start.

Question: 9, 10, or 11? Which one is your favorite?

No comments:

Post a Comment