Wednesday, January 16, 2013

I'm so Bored that I made fun of song lyrics - Pop edition

This post could go on forever, but I will limit myself to 5 songs just like the last post.

1. Rah-rah-ah-ah-ah-ah! Roma-roma-mamaa! Ga-ga-ooh-la-la!

 Song: Bad Romance by Lady Gaga

My sister and I were singing this song once, and my mom heard us and said, "Girls, if you don't know the words, hum or something. Don't just sing jibberish."

2. Grab somebody sexy, tell 'em, "Hey, give me everything tonight."
 Song: Give Me Everything by Pitbull (featuring Ne-Yo, Afrojack, Nayer)

Seriously, this is quite possibly the worst relationship advice in all of history. If you actually do this, you will get slapped/punched/arrested, as people will assume that you are either a rapist or a robber (or both).

3. But we kick them to the curb unless they look like Mick Jagger
Song: Tik Tok by Ke$ha

They want all the guys around them to look like Mick Jagger. Have they actually seen Mick Jagger?
 
He may be talented, and for all I know he may be a great guy, but...really?

4. It's like S-O-L-O, S-O-L-O...
 Song: Ridin' Solo by Jason Derulo

There are a lot of Jason Derulo lyrics that deserve ridicule, but at the point in this song where he starts spelling out the word "solo" for us, he's already said "solo" 32 times. 

If I haven't figured out that he's solo yet, I'm not going to understand him spelling it.

5. Jump in my hooptie hooptie hoop; I own that.
Song: Starships by Nicki Minaj

Granted, every single word in this "song" is ridiculous, but this line...maybe I'm just ignorant, but what on Earth is she talking about? And why does this "stanza" end with the words "Twinkle twinkle little star," as if that somehow relates to her hooptie hoop hoop, her rent that she owes, or her promiscuity, which are the subjects of the rest of the "stanza"?

Bored Game Time

Answer: It would chuck as much wood as a woodchuck could chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood. Move forward one space if you've seen a woodchuck try to chuck wood.

Question:  What sentence has the Guinness World Record for the toughest tongue twister (in English)?

No comments:

Post a Comment