Thursday, September 20, 2012

I'm so Bored that I made a shameless plug

Hi, blogosphere!

I am currently in charge of  finding between 50 and 60 volunteers for the Merrell Oyster Race in Nashville, TN on Saturday, Oct. 6.

It is an amazingly fun race, as you can tell from this video:




Anywho, there are a little over 2 weeks left until race day, and so it might be a little late for you to find a team, although if you want to register, you still can.

What it's not too late for you to do is get involved, for free!

Volunteer at the race, and you will get to be an integral part of race day (and know stuff before the racers do). You also get free lunch afterwards!

The best part: all of the proceeds benefit Camp Kesem Vanderbilt!

Still not convinced?

The first person to register to volunteer (and tell me in the comment section) will receive a free Oyster Race t-shirt.

The first five people to volunteer (and comment) will receive a batch of homemade cookies, which I will deliver to you on race day (tell me if you have any allergies or aversions).

The first 10 people to volunteer (and comment) will receive a friendship bracelet made by me, in true Camp Kesem style.

Everyone who volunteers (and comments) will receive a personal thank you on this blog and a hug on race day.

And yes, the prizes are cumulative, so the first person will receive a t-shirt, a batch of cookies, a friendship bracelet, a thank you, and a hug.

How do you volunteer? Glad you asked.

For my regular followers, the Bored game will continue next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment