Sunday, September 30, 2012

I'm so Bored that I fell in the lake

Due to studying for biology and Spanish civilization exams, I'm a bit behind on my blogging. How far behind?

Well, for starters, I fell in the lake in June.

I was at camp, my absolute favorite place to be. It was a sunny day, kids were laughing, everything was great.
It doesn't seem so smiley when you run out of sunscreen halfway through the week...
I, however, was late. I was supposed to lead canoeing with one of my fellow counselors-in-training (CITs), who I will here refer to as Christian because that's what I kept accidentally calling him, but I got down to the lake a few minutes after the round started. 

When I got to the lake, I found that only one kid had showed up for canoeing, and two CITs had taken her out in a boat, leaving no one on the shore to tow them back in ... except for me. 

Lesson number one: these things are heavy
I figured that I could tow them back in okay, as long as everybody stayed calm. I have pretty strong arms, after all.
I know, you'd never have guessed.
When I stepped towards the shore to pull the boat back in, though, one of my crutches collapsed into the mud. Still, I was okay, and I grabbed hold of the canoe to pull it back in.

One of the CITs, though (here referred to as Frankenstein) decided to steer the canoe away from me then try to stand up and get out of the canoe. After I finally convinced Frankenstein to sit down, I fell over, having been knocked off balance by trying to reach for the canoe as it steered away from me. 

I fell into the lake. 

Okay, so I actually landed mostly in the mud beside the lake, with only my head going into the lake itself. 
That water tastes awful. 
One of my friends, hereafter referred to as Just Visiting Camp Because She's Married and Has Kids, had told me that trying to tow the canoe in by myself was a bad idea prior to all of this, but I was a little too insane to listen to her.
I mean, I was days away from doing this...
Luckily, Just Visiting Camp Because She's Married and Has Kids pulled me out of the water, and Frankenstein and Christian ran up to the lodge to get Jerbear, who drove me back to my cabin. 
I just wanted a picture here. 
Long story short, I ended up going to take a shower, and the camper ended up running away from the session looking traumatized. 

For the rest of the day, people kept asking me how my swim in the lake was. 

Oh yeah, it was great. You should give it a try!
Bored game:

Answer: I am a Spanish major. If you said neuroscience, though, it still counts, as I haven't turned in my paperwork yet to change my neuro major to a minor. If you were right, move forward one space.

Question: How many (pretend) spouses do I have?

No comments:

Post a Comment