Monday, November 14, 2011

I'm So Bored that I went 8 stories underground

In How I Met Your Mother, Ted tells his children that his mom always told him, "Nothing good happens after 2 a.m." I've got to agree with Barney Stinson on this one, though, and say that EVERYTHING good happens after 2 a.m.

I mean, after all, every time of day is after 2 a.m. except for the two hours between midnight and 2, and even those hours are after 2 a.m. the previous day. So, if something good is going to happen, it will be after 2 a.m.

In all seriousness, though, some of my most exciting stories are about my friends and me staying up late acting crazy and stupid.

And that is exactly what happened on Saturday night.

I was sitting in my dorm room around midnight, Bored as usual, watching the newest episode of House (which was OK, I'm still mad about Huddy breaking up...) and suddenly I thought, why am I sitting here alone when I could be acting crazy and stupid with my friends?

So, I texted my friends from a few houses over, and I said "Hey, let's go do something crazy and stupid." They (somewhat reluctantly) agreed, and soon we were all leaving my room. Oh, you need names. Let's call them "Wife," "Fisheater," and "Movie Guy." Ok, so Wife, Fisheater, Movie Guy, and I left my dorm, after I convinced Fisheater to not eat Poppy, my beautiful blue betta fish.

We didn't have any plans, and I was Bored and out of awesome ideas, so somebody said, "Let's go into a parking garage!"

Ok, it was me...

Anyway, we went into a parking garage which goes 8 floors underground, and we took the elevator down to the bottom.  The walls of the garage aren't complete, so you can see the rocks outside with water flowing over them - yes, we were basically in a cave.

The garage was empty, of course, and I was still Bored, so I  started doing doughnuts in my scooter, with Wife hanging on for dear life.

After a while, Fisheater wanted a turn. I drove him around too, but closing my eyes might have been a mistake. 

Afterwards, I was incredibly dizzy,  so I'm kinda glad Movie Guy didn't want a turn.

Well, that was about all the fun we could think of to have in the bottom of a parking garage, so we left.

Once outside, Fisheater declared he was going to bed.  He invited us all to come, but we were all a little uneasy about the idea of sleeping together after only one date. So, he went to bed alone, and we went to Dunkin' Donuts, because one type of doughnuts wasn't enough for the night.

I was still Bored. "Let's play truth or dare!" someone exclaimed.

Ok, it was me...

We went back to my dorm to play truth or dare, but there were a bunch of people in my common area, so we had to wait for them to leave.

After they left, we played a pretty epic game of truth or dare.

Oh, and Ginger and Freak joined us.

I probably shouldn't spread the details of the game online, in case anyone could be identified and get in trouble, but just know that when I went to bed that night, I was not Bored.

I was definitely Exhausted, though, because it was 4 a.m.

Yeah, the best things always happen after 2 a.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment