Friday, August 10, 2012

I'm so Bored that I went to a thrift store

In case any of y'all don't know me, I generally shop like a dude.

"Wow, $5 was such a bargain!"
As a result of my proclivity for dude-like shopping, I really hate thrift stores. They smell bad, they're in bad parts of town, and you spend so much time just looking at stuff without any money exchanging hands. 

Yesterday, however, my sister took me thrift store shopping for plates. We did not find any plates cheap enough to be worth buying, but we did have an interesting time. 

It started with us getting lost, and then calling my dad for directions, which led to him freaking out and asking, "You're WHERE?!"

We were in the part of town where this might be considered normal, for anyone wondering.
When we finally arrived at the thrift stores, we noticed a sign on the front door which read, "Children and vulnerable adults should not be left unattended." 
Geez, Jimmy, it was just a joke. You're acting like somebody who can't be left alone at a thrift store!
Too obtuse? Moving on, then. There was another lovely sign on the door that said, "Shoplifters will receive a free ride in a police car."
Blimey, it's a competition right up me alley
Oh, come on! Don't tell me you don't recognize him. If you really don't, then I really feel sad for you, but I'm not telling you what his name is ... yet.  

As I said, we didn't find the plates, but we did find a horrible pick-up line greeting card with the title "10 Reasons You and I Should Be Together" on it. 
When one of your top ten reasons for being with someone is the low likelihood of two-headed children together, you might need to find someone new...
The one thing we my sister bought was a set of three glasses with owls on them.

Because owls are awesome, that's why. 

Bored Game Question Time:

First off, the answer is Gabby Douglas. Don't feel so bad if you didn't know it, because she didn't either. If you did know it (without cheating!), though, leap ahead 2 spaces. 

And for today's question: Who is pictured in the photograph in this post?

No comments:

Post a Comment